Re: ediff

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: ediff
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 19:20:36 -0400

    It's one possible form. The other is the unified context diff,
    involving the -u option.

Got it.  I found ediff-custom-diff-options and used it.

    You can easily check whether it works: copy the elder a version to /
    tmp and then patch it with the Ediff output file (Ediff can also patch).

Tried this also.  Thank you for the encouragement, Pete.  Um, I'm still
trying to see it through a developer's eyes.  The exercise that you
suggested helped a lot though.

Say I don't want to mess up files in my emacs/ so I do something like
move a copy of buffers.texi to /tmp ... but see ... that's where it
breaks down in my mind, knowing that when I run Ediff, it's going to
rename the elder file buffers.texi.orig ... but I cannot start out with
two files named buffers.texi in /tmp ...

Help, please.