Re: Working with different projects in Emacs

From: Vagn Johansen
Subject: Re: Working with different projects in Emacs
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 18:26:14 +0200

rustom <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> My conclusion is that the tags making part of vps is having
> ~/.emacs_vps hardcoded though the rest (Project.txt) is picked up from
> vps-project-dir

Almost. vps-project-dir is hardcoded to the *expanded* version of
~/.emacs_vps.  From vps.el:

  (defvar vps-project-dir (expand-file-name "~/.emacs_vps"))

Note the call to expand-file-name which means that vps-project-dir end
up containing something like /Users/john/.emacs_vps.

When you set vps-project-dir to ~/.. then the etags program fails to
find the file (and thus fails to generate a tags file). The directory
needs to be expanded for etags to work.

I have updated vps.el to automatically expand the directory wherever
it is used.

Thanks for digging into the problem.

--
Vagn Johansen