Re: Emacs 23.1 -- colored octagon in lower left corner?

From: David Golden
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.1 -- colored octagon in lower left corner?
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 20:19:37 +0100

cmr.Pent@gmail.com wrote:

> Hello!
>
> The latest version of Emacs 23 introduces a colored octagon in the
> lower left corner of the frame. Sometimes it is yellow, sometimes it
> is red. I'm pretty sure it's a sort of indicator, but what exactly it
> indicates?

It did? What platform are you on? Are you building from GNU Emacs CVS or
using some third-party distribution?  Is it all the time or only in some
major modes?

No real idea - it does sound like it could be some "error/warn/okay"
red/yellow/green traffic light icon for some validating mode, but I'm
not seeing such a thing out-of-box...

For ref, here's what an X11/gtk+ "emacs -Q" looks like on my system,
with an Emacs CVS build from 10 mins ago:
http://harpegolden.net/misc/emacs-x11gtk-20090412.png