Re: Emacs 23.1 -- colored octagon in lower left corner?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.1 -- colored octagon in lower left corner?
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:46:22 +0900

Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> writes:
> A very nice git package called git-emacs has an icon like that.
>
> http://tsgates.cafe24.com/git/git-emacs.html
>
> It would be nice if that feature was in base vc IMO.

Which feature?  Cryptic icons?

[I say "cryptic" because it's obviously managed to confuse several
people in this thread...]

Of course by default, Emacs will be put something like "Git-master" in
the modeline for git-controlled files, which certainly seems much more
clear.

-Miles

--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche