Re: Q from emacs dummy

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: Q from emacs dummy
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 13:50:19 -0500

Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:
notbob <notbob@nothome.com> writes:

I love emacs as a file manager.  Still learning for editing and other
subtleties.  Ran into real bizarre behavior, recently.  In dired mode and
had a new file buffer open.  I tried to close emacs (C-x C-c) and got the
usual "wanna save file" (no), etc, but still would not close emacs.  Only
when I killed the buffer would it close.  How can I force close emacs,
regardless of open buffers?

I don't understand.  Why would you quit emacs?

That's a good question, especially since the o.p. uses Emacs primarily for file management. But still he should see "Modified buffers exist... etc" after answering "No" or "No for all" So he isn't allowed to abandon that changed (or new) buffer. How could that happen?