Re: How to configure emacs so that it run my '.profile' when I start a s

From: Nurullah Akkaya
Subject: Re: How to configure emacs so that it run my '.profile' when I start a shell inside emacs?
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 07:58:56 +0300

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 1:19 AM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@web.de> wrote:

Am 20.04.2009 um 00:09 schrieb Lucius Fox:

Thanks. But how can I do that automatically?

What do you mean by "automatically?" Is putting the command into the file ~/.emacs_<login shell's name> not enough "automatic?" Should GNU Emacs write this file's contents onto disk? Before it launches the first time ...

--
Greetings

 Pete

To be is to do.
                       – I. Kant
To do is to be.
                       – A. Sartre
Yabba-Dabba-Doo!
                       – F. Flintstone

or as an alternative you can use term-mode which is a full blown terminal emulator.
it will automatically read your .bashrc file like a regular terminal. as a bonus you can
run any type of application inside it including curses based ones.

--
Nurullah Akkaya
http://nakkaya.com