Question regarding GDB/GUD/Speedbar as part of Gnu Emacs

From: Erik Bleckhorns
Subject: Question regarding GDB/GUD/Speedbar as part of Gnu Emacs
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 10:23:37 +0200

Hi,

Is there any way to have GUD/GDB/Speedbar show char arrays, e.g. char mystring [10] in the same way as a char* - and not as separate leaves?

I have a number of character strings (in structs) which sometimes are up to 1024 bytes in length, and displaying them as Watch _expression_ (in Speedbar) as a vertical list of chars is somewhat inconveniate.

Preferrable if I can still get other arrays, e.g. int myints [10], to still be displayed as a vertical list.

I've Googled for a while but can't find the best approach to accomplishing this.

Regards,

Erik Bleckhorns