Re: RefTeX cite problem

From: Mathias Lindner
Subject: Re: RefTeX cite problem
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:30:31 +0200

Ralf Angeli schrieb:
* Mathias Lindner (2009-04-21) writes:

I use Emacs with AucTeX and RefTeX and I have a little problem to include a \cite macro. By pressing "C-c [" I enter the regexp and a list of all matching bib entries is shown. If I select one with RET nothing happens and the minibuffer shows: "reftex-citation: Symbol's value as variable is void: reftex-cite-prompt-optional-args".
Yesterday everything worked fine.
Any ideas where to look and what to do?

Which versions of Emacs and RefTeX are you using?  How do you load or
activate RefTeX?

Digging into it I found the problem. I have installed the autoref support from this site: http://www-i6.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/~dreuw/reftex-hyperref-autoref.php This requires to copy a reftex.el into Emacs' directory. And that's an old version.
Now I can decide if I want to use autoref support or cite support.

For testing I've removed the the old reftex.el and now \cite is working again. So I have located the problem.

Now to the new issue: How can I activate both: autoref and cite support?

Cheers,
Mathias