Re: python setup ?

From: thierry . volpiatto
Subject: Re: python setup ?
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:04:51 +0200

Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org> writes:

>    Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>    Just to follow up, I re-enabled the ipython bit and it worked fine. I
>    had ipython 0.9.1 installed.
>
> Would you mind explaingin briefly what makes ipython so
> attractive (compared to default bundled mode and/or with
> python-mode).
No, ipython is a replacement for the default interpreter python.
It doesn't replace python-mode.el nor python.el.

If you install it, you can use it with python-mode.el.
AFAIK not with python.el.

It is called by the py-shell command.

It is an enhanced python interpreter. (see screenshot in precedent post).
--
A + Thierry Volpiatto
Location: Saint-Cyr-Sur-Mer - France