Re: dirtrack (shell mode) not working

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: dirtrack (shell mode) not working
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 21:51:16 +0200

On 2009-05-04, Peter Dyballa wrote:
Input `cd ..
  [33m   [0m   [35m 03-Sun-19-12-32   [0m L4   [1;34m ~/Desktop/A$
  [0m ' failed to match `dirtrack-regexp'

The big question here is why manual matching works perfectly fine.
Why would ansi colors throw dirtrack off when regexp search backward
accurately identifies the path and only the path?

Your "manual matching" works on the cleaned static text data, while the mode in the buffer sees the text plus the ANSI Esc codes which are used

It would be a shame to get rid of the colors in the prompt, as they
separate its components visually for me in a way that makes them
easier to notice.

Yes, me too! I would like to have other colours used for the number plate of my car. There are other options to display information on a desktop.

The first variable sets a single color, while the second two, afaik, only affect movement. Is that correct?

Esc[value;...;valuem sets a graphic mode (colour, intensity, blinking, reverse). The value 0 resets, the value 1 sets intensity. The foreground (3) colours yellow (3), magenta (5), and blue (4) are set.

--
Greetings

  Pete

"Debugging? Klingons do not debug! Our software does not coddle the weak."