pgg-encrypt and confirming passphrase

From: Peter Rayner
Subject: pgg-encrypt and confirming passphrase
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 15:00:54 +0200

With apologies, I note I made an error in my previous message.  The
function in question is actually
pgg-encrypt-symmetric-region, I've changed the text below to reflect
this.  So, should
pgg-encrypt-symmetric-region ask for a confirmation of a passphrase?
Perhaps I should explain what I want to do:
between accounts on about 20 machines, not to mention subscriptions of
various sorts, I've now got too many passwords for my ageing brain.
I'd like a central repository of these but I naturally want it
encrypted.  I need to edit it every so often of course as things get
added or changed.  I keep many tips and tricks plus configuration
notes in a particular file.  My idea was to create a section in that
file then use pgg-encrypt-symmetric-region.
People must do something very like this all the time ... any
suggestions?
thanks in advance and please copy me as well as replying to the list
since I might miss something in the traffic.