Re: Tabbar. Hide for special buffers. What's wrong with my .emacs ?

From: Louise Hoffman
Subject: Re: Tabbar. Hide for special buffers. What's wrong with my .emacs ?
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 11:05:40 -0700 (PDT)

> Can you make it re-appear manually? (M-x tabbar-mode RET)

If I just have

;; Lisp modules goes here
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp")

;; Tabbar. Hide for special buffers
(when (require 'tabbar nil t)
  (setq tabbar-buffer-groups-function
        (lambda (b) (list "All Buffers")))
  (setq tabbar-buffer-list-function
        (lambda ()
          (remove-if
           (lambda(buffer)
             (find (aref (buffer-name buffer) 0) " *"))
           (buffer-list))))
  (tabbar-mode))

then M-x tabbar-mode RET disables tabbar. Doing that again, enables
it.

When enabled, I can see the bar there the tabs are suppose to be, but
no tabs. See this screenshot.

http://yfrog.com/2j77902001p

> I don't understand ELisp that well and I never used that hide
> function – I'll see what I can understand from the documentation!
> Which version of GNU Emacs and tabbar are you using?

I use Emacs 22.2.1 on Linux Fedora 9 and tabbar 2.0. I have uploaded
it at

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tefj9l

Hugs,
Louise