Emacs frames and Compiz

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Emacs frames and Compiz
Date: 16 May 2009 15:21:23 +0200

Hello list

Has anybody solved this problem? When using compiz-fusion (I'm on
Debian, KDE, emacs-snapshot), new Emacs frames (M-x make-frame, or,
emacsclient -c) are not started correctly.

In fact, they do start as can be seen from 'ps ax | grep emacs' but the
frame seems to vanish somewhere in the Nirvana outside the scope of the
window-manager. No frame is to be seen, no icon is visible in the
task-manager, and the frame isn't accessable by Alt-TAB.

I found some hints to the problem via Google (eg.
http://forum.compiz-fusion.org/showthread.php?t=9279), but no solution.
A guy writes:

,----
| I *believe* it has something to do compiz's effort to take a
| larger-than-viewport window ad rezise its borders.
`----

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sven