Re: remote file editing over ssh with emacs 22.3.1 on Windows

From: Chris Withers
Subject: Re: remote file editing over ssh with emacs 22.3.1 on Windows
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 18:01:00 +0100

Peter Dyballa wrote:

When you write this, at which protocols do you think?

SSH.

When it's every protocol, then the only chance is to SSH login as some user, become superuser in that user's login shell, and then send GNU Emacs as client to your local X server over SSH.

I don't know what this means. I do know that most of the servers will not be running X of any description.

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk