Re: Using only one emacs session

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: Using only one emacs session
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 14:53:05 -0700 (PDT)

On May 16, 5:43 pm, p...@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
wrote:
> Francis Moreau <francis.m...@gmail.com> writes:
> > yes, that's one possibility I did evaluate. But the main concern is
> > that I don't know how to get a list of all registers with a
> > description for each.
>
> Then why don't you ask emacs how to get a list of all registers with a
> description for each?

Well the result is quite bad:

   Register a contains a window configuration.
   Register b contains a window configuration.
   Register c contains a window configuration.

which is not very useful IMHO.

Other things (perharps more important) that make window package
superior is that it allows me to use some window navigation 'a la' gnu
screen (go back and forth between the 2 most recent visited windows,
go to the next/previous window, select a window among a list of well
described window etc...).