Re: Using only one emacs session

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: Using only one emacs session
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 00:01:20 -0700 (PDT)

On May 17, 1:05 am, p...@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
wrote:

> The results are better for other kinds of register contents.
>
> But if you're not happy with this result, why don't you patch it?

Because I don't have skills to do that I'm just a dumb emacs _user_.

> The problem here is that window-configuration are opaque objects.

[...]

> > Other things (perharps more important) that make window package
> > superior is that it allows me to use some window navigation 'a la' gnu
> > screen (go back and forth between the 2 most recent visited windows,
> > go to the next/previous window, select a window among a list of well
> > described window etc...).
>
> I don't know what "window package" is, so I cannot comment, but it
> seems to me that these features are already present in emacs, or
> easily added.

Please have a look to

http://www.gentei.org/~yuuji/software/

to get details. But basically (taken from Windows.el):

;;;       Windows.el  enables  you  to  have  multiple  favorite
window
;;;     configurations at the same  time, and switch them.
Furthermore,
;;;     it  can  save  all  window  configurations and  some  global
or
;;;     buffer-local variables into a file and restore them correctly.