Re: For all emacsers, install elisp package automatically.

From: Andy Stewart
Subject: Re: For all emacsers, install elisp package automatically.
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 19:29:43 +0800

Nikolaj Schumacher <me@nschum.de> writes:

> Andy Stewart <lazycat.manatee@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all emacser!
>>
>> auto-install.el (http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AutoInstall) now is stable
>> enough.
>> I recommend all emacsers use it to install elisp package, it will SAVE
>> too much time on install elisp package whatever newbie or expert.
>
> Are there any advantages/differences to package.el and ELPA
> (http://tromey.com/elpa/)?
First, it is asynchronous download elisp package.

Second, it won't storage elisp package at special place, now it can
install *all* elisp package at EmacsWiki.org, and support gist or any
link that contain elisp package.

You can use anything-auto-install.el with auto-install.el, support
*SEARCH* package to install.

I have add screenshot at http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AutoInstall.

  -- Andy