regexp won't match

From: shm
Subject: regexp won't match
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 13:56:29 +0200

Hello all,

\I have a problem matching a regexp, and i don't understand
why. We have a license staement which should be at the top of
every java file in our project:

/**
   This file is part of opensearch.
   Copyright © 2009, Dansk Bibliotekscenter a/s,
   Tempovej 7-11, DK-2750 Ballerup, Denmark. CVR: 15149043

   opensearch is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
   the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
   (at your option) any later version.

   opensearch is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,

   along with opensearch.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
*/

and i would like to match it, so i can make some markup for it, like:

    (, "\\`\\(/\\*\\*\n   This file is part of opensearch.\n   Copyright ©
2009, Dansk Bibliotekscenter a/s,\n   Tempovej 7-11, DK-2750 Ballerup,
Denmark. CVR: 15149043\n\n   opensearch is free software: you can redistribute
it and/or modify\n   it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
published by\n   the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the
License, or\n   (at your option) any later version.\n\n   opensearch is
distributed in the hope that it will be useful,\n   but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY\;
without even the implied warranty of\n\\)" 1 java-add-on-font-lock-license-
face prepend)

But when i try to expand the above line (after the line break it
should be three spaces and the next line of text), with just one
space it won't match.

I have used whitespace-mode to check the text, and it shows three
spaces at the beginning of the line, so I have no clue as to why
this is not workning.

Thanks in advance
  Søren Mollerup