Re: mmm-mode/html-mode/php-mode issues

From: Yuri D'Elia
Subject: Re: mmm-mode/html-mode/php-mode issues
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 13:34:54 +0200

In article
<e01d8a50905230147k2fd75df4q1ec6ad81ef5381d4@mail.gmail.com>,
 Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Can I use *just* mumamo and use html-mode with php as a submode? I
> > somewhat tried months ago, but it seemed that mumamo was always loading
> > nXhtml. I would happily replace mmm-mode if I could.
>
> Nearly. All features in nXhtml are autoloaded. Without byte compiling
> nXhtml it loads in 5 sec on my old pc. (Byt that I mean it runs
> nxhtml/autostart.el in 5 sec.) Nearly all of that time is for loading
> mumamo.el. After byte compiling nXhtml (there is an entry for doing
> that in the nXhtml menu) nxhtml/autostart.el takes 0.1 sec.

I will try again then. I remember editing a normal xhtml+php file on my
powerbook G4 took around ~4 seconds when bytecompiled, and then again
indenting/font-locking was unbearable.

However I *still* want to know what's the issue with mmm-mode :).
Should I post to emacs.devel? The mmm-mode mailing list seems dead.

> But what do you mean with that "mumamo was always loading nXhtml"?
> There is no supported way to use mumamo.el without loading nXhtml (ie
> running nxhtml/autostart.el).

That's precisely what I meant: can I use mumamo as a *replacement* for
mmm-mode? (for example, for completely different kind of files?)