Re: emacs locks up after $('

From: Anselm Helbig
Subject: Re: emacs locks up after $('
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 09:14:32 +0200

At Fri, 22 May 2009 16:18:13 -0700 (PDT),
Dave Cohen <google@dave-cohen.com> wrote:

> I'm a longtime emacs user, new to this group, and looking for help.
>
> I'm editing a file in "JavaScript Moz" mode, and I type, in the middle
> of a long file of javascript code:
> $('

Looks like you're using Karl Landstrom's JavaScript-mode. What version
are you using? 2.2.1 seems to be current, I had no problems with 2.0
Beta 8. moz-minor-mode shouldn't cause such a problem but maybe
you can turn it off and try without it?

What version of emacs are you using? Do the problems also occur when
you don't load your other customizations? You would need to start
emacs with the -q switch, load javascript.el manually, e.g. with
M-x load-file or `L' in dired-mode. You'd also need to enable
javascript-mode explicitly with M-x javascript-mode.

There's also a recent fork of javascript-mode, maybe it's worth
trying? => http://www.nongnu.org/espresso/

HTH,

Anselm

--