Losing window setup upon Version Control submit

From: henning
Subject: Losing window setup upon Version Control submit
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 19:29:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

When I use C-x v v to perform a svn commit a window appears where I can type
my log message after which I do C-c C-c to commit (the log-edit-done)
function. When this has executed my window configuration is lost and I have
only the window with the file I tried to commit left. I often work with
multiple windows and find this very annoying, am I using the function wrong
or is there a way to avoid this behavior?

from emacs -Q

- open file under svn control
- Split window C-x 3
- C-x v v
- type log message and do C-c C-c, file is committed and split window has
disappeared

Version:
GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9) of 2008-05-03 on
terranova, modified by Ubuntu

Thanks, Henning