Re: ediff against branch with git

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: ediff against branch with git
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 20:56:38 +0100

George Nurser wrote:
Hi,
I was hoping to able to use ediff to compare the versions of a given
file on two git branches. I couldn't see anyway to do it though. I
have Emacs v23, with the standard version control package, and the
latest version from the git repository of git-emacs.

Am I missing something? Or is there another package that will do this?

--George Nurser.

Hi George,
I don't use git,  but using cvs-mode,
the most obvious way to do it would to use
C-u d e   <ediff in cvs>
and add -R<branch-tag> -R<other-branch-tag> to the CVS command.

This might work in git's CVS compatibility mode.

HTH,
Colin S. Miler

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.