Bad interaction with window-number.el and term-mode

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Bad interaction with window-number.el and term-mode
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:19:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

When using the 'term-mode' (using bash as shell), I noticed that the
readline command "edit-and-execute-command" bind to (C-xC-e) doesn't
work anymore.

Using emacs23, I get this trace when doing (C-xC-e)

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable $)
  eval($)
  eval-last-sexp-1(nil)
  eval-last-sexp(nil)
  call-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil nil)

However I just discovered that if I don't load 'window-number' package
every thing work fine.

Does anybody know what's going wrong with 'window-number'

thanks