Anybody know how to use icicles?

From: Peter Milliken
Subject: Anybody know how to use icicles?
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 13:17:14 +1000

I "stumbled" across the icicles package the other day on the EmacsWiki whilst writing some elisp functions and looking into completion functions.

Unfortunately I can't make hide nor hair of the documentation - it looks pretty powerful but I keep "bouncing" when I try to find a crack in the door to start using it. I hate to sound critical but my personal approach to judging whether documentation is "good" or not is if people who read it can understand what it is trying to convey - the doco for icicle fails big time using my test :-) But maybe I am just plain stupid? go figure :-)

Has anybody (other than Drew Adams) ever used it? A couple of simple examples *might* be enough to get me started - otherwise I am just going to stop wasting my time trying to work out how to use it and get my job done another way - I just hate re-inventing the wheel... <sigh>

Thanks
Peter