How to prevent window resize when display-buffer in other window?

From: Edmond Halley
Subject: How to prevent window resize when display-buffer in other window?
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 12:24:31 +0800

Hi, all

I split horizontally the frame into two windows, the upper and the lower. Initially, they are of the same size(height). And I resize the lower to be smaller. But when I issue "C-x C-b" in the upper, the "*Buffer List*" is diplayed in the lower, which makes the lower to grow large, shrinks the upper. Issueing "C-x 4 C-o *Buffer List* RET" cause the similar situation.

I want to keep the size even when I decide to diplay something in the lower window. How to achieve?
Actually, I use the lower window as preview, and do editing in the upper one.

Thanks!