Re: catching parenthesis errors in elisp

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: catching parenthesis errors in elisp
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 14:24:09 +0200

rustom <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> Ive *not* written this lisp.

What makes you think that our advices applies only on lisp code YOU
would have written?  Obviously we apply them to OUR OWN code, not on
YOUR code!

> All did (or tried to do) was take some existing lisp and change it a
> bit here and there -- mostly nothing more than changing some strings.

Start again from the beginning.

1- download and load paredit.  Evaluate (add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook
'paredit-mode)

2- Open the original emacs lisp file again.

3- Edit carefully with the help of paredit.  Paredit also manages
   strings so you cannot insert or remove a stray double-quote.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__