Re: Need help

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: Need help
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 15:13:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 11, 11:55 am, Dhaval Malaviya <malaviya_dha...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Let me introduce myself, I am VLSI engineer and I am fan of emacs and use it
> extensively for editing my code.
>
> However, sometimes when I use emacs auto completion macros (i use verilog
> specific macros), emacs window gets stuck and after some time it regains. Can
> you please help in hunting out the reason for same.
>
> Can somebody let me know what all functionality in such editors loads
> processor mostly and makes its slow? Is it LISP programming (used to code
> emacs) is reason or lots of functionality is one?
>
> I will be very grateful if some body from community help me out with this.
>
> Thanks in advance for your time and response.
>
> Dhaval

please give detail. What exactly is the mode? and what exactly you
mean by macro? What do you mean by emacs window stuck? For how long?
Also, OS and emacs version.

you need to be specific and give concrete detail.

one thing of note is that emacs doesn't support thread. Practically
this means that most things you do in emacs, emacs needs to finish
that first. This is especially noticable when do do network related
things like ftp. Don't know what is your macro. But if that is
computationally intensive, few sec wait is prob right.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/