Stack of bookmarks

From: stephan.zimmer
Subject: Stack of bookmarks
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 01:25:31 -0700 (PDT)

Quite often while I'm browsing through source code I would like to
remember the current position to return to it later after having
looked for something else. I know that this can be achieved with
bookmarks. What I would like to have is a generalization of this:
instead of only returning once, I would like to do this recursively,
i.e., to maintain a stack of bookmarks. So somehow like

L1: push-current-location-to-bookmarks
L2: push-current-location-to-bookmarks
L3: push-current-location-to-bookmarks
pop-current-location-from-bookmarks ;; arrive again at L3
pop-current-location-from-bookmarks ;; arrive again at L2
pop-current-location-from-bookmarks ;; arrive again at L1

At the end this would be somehow similar to the "pop-tag-mark"
command, with the difference, that I can remember and go back to
arbitrary locations in the code. Has someone an idea?

Stephan