emacsclient over ssh

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: emacsclient over ssh
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:39:33 -0500

Can I get some guidance on this:

I want to run emacsclient on localhost but connect to emacs-server
running running on remotehost.

is there syntax for the emacsclient -s flag to go thru ssh to the
remote emacs-server

  maybe something like emacsclient -s host:server -c

If this is the wrong way to go maybe someone can tell me how its done.
So far I've just been doing ssh user@host
Then run emacsclient on the remote... but of course I'm then limited
to a console emacs.

ssh to linux from opensolaris and then running emacs has a number of
problems that need solving for that to be handy.  I guess having to do
with what shell you are in and `stty' setting and other things I haven't
thought of.

At any rate a console emacs arrived at that way is a pain in the but
to use. Its fine for normal file/directory work... but I want to
access an emacs/gnus session running on the remote emacs-server. And I
want the emacsclient to run in X on the localhost.

Both remote and localhost are running X.

The end result I'm after is to be able to access an emacs/gnus session
that is running on a specific host from any of several hosts on the
home lan.

Someway... I want to end up with an emacsclient running in X and
connected to a server on remotehost.