emacs 23 & Debian

From: Ben Badgley
Subject: emacs 23 & Debian
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 12:44:04 -0400

1. Where and how may a person upgrade to version 23 for Debian?

I'm a simple 'go grab a .deb and install it' sort at this point, although am getting better with using the console. So, please avoid saying cvs or git, subversion. Have a friend coming over for the weekend who may better explain that voodoo to me

2. Why did the Debian Emacs release come over as a bit hindered?

Noticed this on the Emacs Wiki threads about Emacs on Debian. It couldn't sort out what was where, or its version. There was some code to attempt correcting it posted as well.

3. And will future Debian releases of Emacs be so?

Hope not on this end.