git mode for emacs

From: rustom
Subject: git mode for emacs
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 07:45:11 -0700 (PDT)

Can anyone give some tips on which git mode works for emacs?
I tried git.el but it seems to be broken -- my report at
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/122295

Im looking at dvc but its really obese and does not even have an entry
on how to configure to use the git backend!!

Well...
I typed this and then tried google and got Richard's pages on git
+emacs. [Thanks Richard]
I tried magit and its broken under windows as is git.el
Right now I'm on linux and egg seems to be good.

Anyone with experience of egg on windows?