Using Cedet with Tramp and projects on NFS mounts

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Using Cedet with Tramp and projects on NFS mounts
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:45:24 -0700

Hi all,

I am a relatively new Emacs user on GNU/Linux and loving it. I learned about CEDET from this list and tried it out. I need to work within a few frameworks developed in C++ and for code on my local machine it works perfectly. I have this in my .emacs to make that work.

;; cedet customisations for ROOT Data Analysis Framework
(setq rootsys "~/root/include")
(semantic-add-system-include rootsys 'c++-mode)
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist (cons rootsys 'c++-mode))
(add-to-list 'semantic-lex-c-preprocessor-symbol-file (concat rootsys
"/include"))
(add-to-list 'semantic-lex-c-preprocessor-symbol-file (concat rootsys
"/ExRootAnalysis"))
(add-to-list 'semantic-lex-c-preprocessor-symbol-file (concat rootsys
"/ExRootAnalysis/ExRootAnalysis"))

But most of my work requires me to work on remote machines. So my question is, how do I setup semantic to search the directories in my project for tags when I am connected to the remote machine using Tramp like this,

/ssh:user@remote.host:~/path/to/my/project/

Thanks for any help on this.

PS: the remote machine is usually across the atlantic :P

--
Suvayu