Re: git mode for emacs

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: git mode for emacs
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 20:36:50 +0200

Hi,

rustom <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> Can anyone give some tips on which git mode works for emacs?
> I tried git.el but it seems to be broken -- my report at
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/122295
>
> Im looking at dvc but its really obese and does not even have an entry
> on how to configure to use the git backend!!

There is nothing to do in DVC to configure git backend.
To configure DVC you can have a look at my init file here:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/dvc-init.el

The support for git is actually really good in DVC.

NOTE : The manual is completely deprecated,
so you have better look at docstrings of functions or ask here or better
on the DVC mailing list.

Hope it help ;-)

--
A + Thierry Volpiatto