Re: tramp ssh kludge [SOLVED]

From: prad
Subject: Re: tramp ssh kludge [SOLVED]
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 22:17:39 -0700

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 21:50:59 -0700
prad <prad@towardsfreedom.com> wrote:

> according to the tramp manual if i want to connect through a different
> ssh port i need to do:
> /host#42:
> which will pass -p 42
>
> however, it hangs. connecting on the standard port without the kludge
> was perfect. how do i connect using a different port?

just found a way to solve the issue by using sshx instead of ssh.
put (setq tramp-default-method "sshx") in .emacs and the kludge works
fine. anyone know why it's called a kludge? sounds somewhat derogatory.

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's