Re: Emacs 23.1.50.2 icons

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.1.50.2 icons
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 09:48:47 +0200

Am 01.07.2009 um 02:25 schrieb Ross A. Laird:

I assume that this is a compilation issue. Can I get the nice-looking
menus and icon bar compiled into the new version?

By using Help menu -> Send Bug Report… you are asked for some subject and then a *mail* buffer is created. Here you can see details of the way GNU Emacs was compiled.

You can also try to find out which files are loaded into the dumped executable. Finally, by putting "--eval '(defadvice load (before debug-log activate) (message "(Tipp von Kai G) Lade jetzt: %s" (ad-get-arg 0)))'" on command line when you launch GNU Emacs you'll get in *Messages* buffer a list of files it loads, which might reveal some Debian/Ubuntu specialties…

--
Greetings

  Pete

Increase the size of your bike by at least *five* inches!