Re: gnus active file has been overwritten

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: gnus active file has been overwritten
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 11:12:16 +0200

Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:
> Now I hate gnus !
>
> It's the second time that I opened gnus and all my nnml groups and all
> my remote groups are no more subscribted !
>
> This happened because my active file is almost empty:
>
> $ cat Mail/active
> x.zz_mairix-search-1 4277 4274 y
>
> So does anybody know why this happened at all and how I can restore my
> previous active file ?

Sorry for the problems you're having.

For rebuilding the active file, enter the server buffer by hitting "^",
then go over the nnml server and hit "g" (regenerate).

> I don't know if that helps but I saw this in my message buffer:
>
> nnmairix-request-group: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, x
> \.zz_mairix-search-1

I thought I've fixed this. Are you using the latest version? In Gnus
CVS, nnmairix should be revision 7.14, in Emacs CVS it's revision 1.13
(which is also in the latest pretest, 23.0.95).

If you have the latest version, please do M-x toggle-debug-on-error to
get full backtrace of the error.

-David