Re: key map entry for shift-return?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: key map entry for shift-return?
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:45:47 +0000 (UTC)

Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:
>> There's one problem in Emacs at the moment: the function
>> `event-apply-modifier' strips out the upper-caseity from C-S-<letter>.
>> I don't know why it does this, but my own personal fix hasn't caused
>> me any problems:

> Hmm, maybe resend your function to emacs-devel?

I did, actually, some time ago in a rather obscure thread:

    Subject: Re: Shift on console
    Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 23:31:05 +0000

, but it didn't attract any interest.  Until there're keyboards which
distinguish C-S-a from C-a, and infrastructure to support them, there's
not much to be gained by committing it.

I use C-M-S-a to go to the start of the next defun, since I got tired of
typing in M-- C-M-a all the time.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).