Re: The longest Emacs uptime

From: magicus
Subject: Re: The longest Emacs uptime
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 22:43:55 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:07:48 -0700, "Drew Adams" <drew.adams@oracle.com>
wrote:

>> > My Emacs uptime has reached 30 days, 3 hours, 27 minutes, 44 seconds.
>> >  This is the longest since I started using Emacs in 2005.
>>
>> Elapsed time since the last power-cut: 2 years, 4 months, 21 hours, 34
>> min.
>
> Elapsed time since the last
> `my-elapsed-time-is-bigger-than-your-elapsed-time' contest: 13 minutes
> 42 seconds.

Thank you. My machine(s) go on when I am using them and are shut off when
I am not. I do not see any reason to keep them up 24/7 if I am not using
them. WTF is the point of doing so (unless one is donating idle time to
SETI or making BitTorrents available)?

ciao,

"A sense of humor, properly developed, is superior to any religion so far
devised."
-- Tom Robbins