emacs and window placement

From: henry atting
Subject: emacs and window placement
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 16:04:04 +0200

Not specifically an emacs problem but a problem that occurs with emacs
solely as far as I see:
Running gnome/compiz I want to start emacs on viewport one. I tried it
with devilspie and the window placement plugin from compiz. Wheras any
other program starts on its assigned viewport emacs does not -- or more
exactly it starts on its viewport but then switches automatically to the
one which is opened.

As emacs is the only program that behaves this way maybe I can get here
a hint thereto.

henry