RE: How to backspace in isearch-forward-regexp

From: KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)
Subject: RE: How to backspace in isearch-forward-regexp
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 10:20:20 -0700

Yes, it works when I start with "-Q", and the "define-key" also fixes
it.  From that information, I would conclude that the following line,
which I added to get backspace to work normally in text to delete the
previous char, is likely what is causing this:

(global-set-key [backspace] 'delete-backward-char)

I've now added that "define-key" line after this one, and now backspace
works properly in both normal editing, and in isearch.