Re: Can you recommand some good fonts for emacs22 ?

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: Can you recommand some good fonts for emacs22 ?
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 05:26:26 -0500

>> You can see all the xfonts available in emacs with:
>> (x-list-fonts "*")
>>
>> If you use anything package, you will find in anything-config.el a
>> source to browse all these fonts visually.
>
> Command `icicle-font' - browse visually, cycle, filter on font description
> parts, etc. http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Icicles

I'm not sure what is supposed to happen with that... but what I get is
an unkillable monster that takes over my entire desktop. After
load-library and icy-mode
Using command M-x icicle-font

First it hangs for several minutes and then pops up a massive instance
of emacs so big it prevents any usage at all.  Finally dragging enough
of the monster to the left and finding the X in right hand
corner... but it doesn't affect this big useless brute.

Finally closed with kill-all command. from OS.

Appears to need a tab bit of work.

I use a very large desktop. 2048 x 1536  Apparently icicles wants to
operate in full screen mode.   Is that necessary?