Re: Emacs (+EmacsWin32) with chess.el help (board images display)-Sorted

From: rpd
Subject: Re: Emacs (+EmacsWin32) with chess.el help (board images display)-Sorted by myself!
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 05:21:47 -0700 (PDT)

Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:

> Byte compile the file. assert is a macro that normally only should be
> used when byte-compiling a file. (Or you can load cl library if you
> want to ...)

Hi
Thanks for your reply & information. I am very new to Emacs & do not
understand
how this <byte compile> file.assert has caused this error and more
importantly I still do not know what to do to fix it! (I will look into cl
library as I don't know what that is!).

{My  error message

> chess-ply-create*: Symbol's function definition is void: assert
>
> Any idea how to fix this? Thanks & best wishes
>
> --
}

I am most grateful if you could explain simply what this is and what I need
to do to fix it.
Thanks & best wishes