Re: font-lock on variables

From: Santiago Mejia
Subject: Re: font-lock on variables
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 17:12:07 -0500

>> > After going through the manual, and looking around in
>> > google and the mailing lists, I have not been able to
>> > figure out how to achieve such thing.
>
> Please file an Emacs bug, describing how you tried to find this topic
> in the Emacs manual. That will help the Emacs maintainers improve
> access. `M-x report-emacs-bug'.
>
> Remember too that `i' in Info is your friend. `i highlight' includes
> the manual pages that mention hi-lock.

My problem was, as dumb as it may seem, that I did not even have the
word `highlight' in my radar.  I looked through all the info and wiki
pages that had to do with "font-lock" and "faces", but did not even
thought about giving a try to searching "highlight".

I guess that, despite my dumbness, I will still fill in a report,
suggesting that some sort of link to highlight-mode is placed in at
least one of the font-lock pages.

Santiago.