Re: Emacs chess.el help again to use chess-puzzle mode

From: Helmut Eller
Subject: Re: Emacs chess.el help again to use chess-puzzle mode
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 22:19:21 +0200

* rpd [2009-07-26 19:37+0200] writes:

> Can anyone tell me what I need to do to solve this & get chess-puzzle mode
> working please?

The error message means that the function chess-session is not defined.
Probably because you didn't load the right files first.  I managed to
load it by doing:

(add-to-list 'load-path "/scratch/chess")
(require 'chess)
(require 'chess-puzzle)

If you don't know what this means, paste the code into your .emacs (I
assume that you know what the .emacs file is) and replace /scratch/chess
with the directory where you saved chess.el and the other files.  Then
restart Emacs and `M-x chess-puzzle' should work.

> Is there anyone reading this forum that uses this
> chess-puzzle mode who can help (or just an experiened emac programmer who
> knows what this means & how I can fix it?). Meanwhile I will try to fix it
> myself but I do look forward to some helpful reply, thanks

Mario Lang (delYsid on #emacs) seems to be the maintainer of the
package.  Try to contact him; he probably can answer all your questions.

Helmut