Re: ispell-local-dictionary

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: Re: ispell-local-dictionary
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:03:39 +0200

Hi Alain,

Alain Muls wrote:
> I use Emacs auctex mode for editing my LaTeX files. SInce I often work in
> different languages (English, French and Dutch), I was looking after the
> ispell-local-dictionary comment which would allow to define for each document
> which language ispell (I auto-enable flyspell on loading of the tex-file)
> should use.

I have the same need for writing documents in different languages, and letting
Emacs ispell correct me when I'm wrong.

> However I have no succes, ispell (and flyqpell) default to the English
> dictionary.

I just put some local variables at the end of my `.tex' documents, such as:

% This is for the sake of Emacs.
% Local Variables:
% coding: utf-8
% eval: (ispell-change-dictionary "american")
% eval: (flyspell-mode 1)
% End:

I had tried setting `ispell-local-dictionary', but never succeeded either to
make it work. No idea why...

While the above, even if on two lines, works perfectly for me...

Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban