Re: "Terminal not fully functional" messages from git --- how to get rid

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: "Terminal not fully functional" messages from git --- how to get rid of?
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:10:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 28, 3:20 pm, Terrence Brannon <metap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I run git from the command line and it thinks the Emacs shell (M-x
> shell) is not fully functional.
>
> How can I run git commands in the shell without getting poor rendering
> and warnings like this?

By default, a lot of git commands are piping their command outputs
into $PAGER and if $PAGER is not set then pipe into less(1).

Since "M-x shell" is a dumb terminal, the best you can do (if you want
to stick with M-x shell) is to set your pager to cat(1), but you'll
never get the same result than what "git log | less" offers whatever
the workaround.

You're probably better to use "M-x term" in this case.