Re: Windows + Eshell: fixing character encoding?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Windows + Eshell: fixing character encoding?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 16:54:58 +0200

Am 30.07.2009 um 16:41 schrieb Elena Garrulo:

Anyway, I've tried writing a simple .bat which echoes accented
characters and I've launched it from Eshell: the accented characters
are printed correctly.

Because you've inserted them either in ISO Latin or CP1252, i.e., input = output. Check with C-u C-x =!

--
Greetings

  Pete

If my theory of relativity is proven successful, Germany will claim me as a German, and France will declare that I am a citizen of the world. Should my theory prove untrue, France will say that I am a German, and Germany will declare that I am a Jew.
                                – Albert Einstein, 1929