Re: Good place to regenerate tags file and reload it for a given project

From: Peter Münster
Subject: Re: Good place to regenerate tags file and reload it for a given project
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 21:44:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009, jch wrote:

> 2.  What's a good way to automatically load a tags file for a
> project?  The way I've thought about doing is to look for a tags file
> in the current directly, and then recursively look for a tags file in
> my parent directory.  Does anyone adopt this approach, or something
> similar?

Something similar:

(defun my-find-tag(tagname)
  "Fast version of find-tag."
  (interactive (find-tag-interactive "Find tag: "))
  (tags-reset-tags-tables)
  (if (file-exists-p "TAGS")
          (visit-tags-table "TAGS")
        (if (file-exists-p "../TAGS")
                (visit-tags-table "../TAGS")
          (visit-tags-table "../../TAGS")))
  (find-tag tagname))

(define-key esc-map "." 'my-find-tag)

But very probably someone will show up with a far better (and cleaner)
solution...

Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/