Re: Command to execute in a shell

From: Rafael
Subject: Re: Command to execute in a shell
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 23:18:36 -0500

pjb@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon) writes:

> If you really want shell, then you will have to send the command to
> the shell process:
>
>    ;; instead of (shell):
>    (let ((file-path (buffer-file-name)))
>      (when file-path
>         (shell)
>         (comint-send-string (get-buffer-process (current-buffer))
>                             (format "tikz2pdf -v %S \n" file-path))))

Thank you very much, this is exactly what I wanted at this point.
Since the picture files are usually small, most of the time I just want
to know if the compilation was successful. The result of this can be
seen at

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3424/3774270402_81b58c6909_o.png

and the function I have so far is:

(defun split-for-tikz2pdf ()
  (interactive)
  (TeX-run-style-hooks "tikz")
  (split-window-horizontally 60)
  (other-window 1)
  (split-window-vertically 15)
  (find-file "tikz2pdf_temp.pdf")
  (doc-view-mode)
  (auto-revert-mode 1)
  (other-window 1)
  (let ((file-path (buffer-file-name)))
    (when file-path
      (shell)
      (comint-send-string (get-buffer-process (current-buffer))
                          (format "tikz2pdf -v %S \n" file-path))))
  )

and the only wish I have now is to have doc-view-mode actually chosen
for the buffer of the .pdf file, (which is a new file at the moment).
As it is, it is in text mode (the default-major-mode). I would
appreciate any comments.