Re: How to make doc-view-mode work on Windows?

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: How to make doc-view-mode work on Windows?
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 12:54:28 +0530

Xah Lee <xahlee@gmail.com> writes:

> On Aug 7, 10:12 pm, zunumi <jiaji.w...@gmail.com> wrote:

[snipped 9 lines]

> No PNG support available or some conversion utility for pdf files is
> missing.  Type C-c C-c to switch to fundamental-mode, C-c C-t to show
> the doc as text in a separate buffer  or k to kill this buffer.
> Error during redisplay: (wrong-type-argument numberp nil)
> Mark set

[snipped 5 lines]

It works for me on W32 Emacs.  Maybe the conversion is happening
correctly for the OP but Emacs is unable to render the PNGs.  I too,
sort of recollect receiving the same error message but getting the
following DLLs

glut32.dll
jpeg62.dll
libimage.dll
libpng12.dll
libpng13.dll
libpng3.dll
librle3.dll
libtiff3.dll
zlib1.dll

from the gnuwin32 site, it seems to render it fine.  I too have Miktex
2.7 installed. And I also have cygwin installed.  Not sure whether the
rendering is happening with cygwin based image libraries or the DLLs.

Probably the DLLs.

 sivaram